Sacramento International Airport ‘Big Build’ – Terminal B
2012 Diamond Level Partnered Project of the Year Award – Vertical Mega Project
- (Owner) County of Sacramento
- (Landside Prime) Austin Walsh Construction J.V.
- (Airside Prime) Turner Flatiron in Association with Teichert Construction J.V.
- (Designer) Corgan Associates in Assoc. with Fentress Associates
- (CM) AECOM
- (PM) Paslay Management Group
- (Facilitator) Aviation Innovation, LLC
Airside CM: Gary Ralls - PM: Otto Randoph
Landside CM: Tom Skinner - PM: Bill Fenton
Original Project Budget: $687 mi
Final Project Budget: $675.5 mi
Original Project Days: 1323
Actual Project Days: 1204
Cost Savings: $12 mi
Project Details: $1B program included a 669,000 sq ft Terminal and Concourse buildings with LEED Silver Certification features, an $8M Art program, a 19-gate concourse, and an Automated People Mover system.
Challenges: The Airport accelerated the schedule by 4 months to complete the project in October, 2011, requiring resolution of the overnight move of Airlines, TSA, and CBP (Custom Border Protection) in order to meet new the timeline.